Perinatal Mental Health and Trauma 101
This presentation will explore the symptoms and triggers of post-traumatic stress and how that effects mental health in the perinatal period. Participants will learn how symptoms from traumatic experiences at any point in life can be re-activated during pregnancy and/or childbirth, identify different types of trauma, and gain awareness of multicultural considerations when working with special populations. Participants will also learn clinical considerations, interventions, and resources and process specific case examples.
1. Understand what trauma is in the perinatal period
2. Expand awareness of special populations and multicultural considerations
3. Explore clinical considerations and interventions
4. Discuss specific case examples
5. Learn resources and multidisciplinary approaches