A Loss is a Loss: Dynamics of Perinatal Loss
Perinatal grief and loss is an area that most mental health professionals do not feel equipped to provide counseling for. This training will explore common dynamics and themes that are experienced with perinatal grief and loss and will offer a discussion on ways to witness stories of perinatal loss.
1. Learn the different types of grief
2. Identify the different types of perinatal loss
3. Explore the dynamics and common themes/thoughts of the parent with perinatal loss
4. Review themes common in pregnancy after loss
5. Briefly discuss common themes in working with couples with perinatal loss
6. Discuss ways to witness perinatal loss stories